Clear all

Flying Cars Contest 2022 - The Crew

Page 2 / 2

FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The materials for the second car are ready. The next thing to work on are two characters. And after the characters are done, I will start assembling the scene.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

And here is the first character. His name is Dave. Just a quick viewport preview. I used character creator 3 to create Dave. I have a nice set of clothing in there which I changed and prepared for him. I did the posing inside CC3 and export it to Maya where I connected all the textures and adjusted the pose further to suit the scene.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The second character is completed! Her name is Lily. I used CC3 to create her, just like I did for Dave. I imported her in Maya and setup the skin material and clothing materials. Everything is pretty much finished. Now I will play with lighting and angle of the camera. After that I will render the scene. I am very close to the end.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here is the first test render of the scene. Well, they are taking a selfie haha. This is the composition I will go for. I realise that there are some empty spaces around, which I have to fill with some additional props. Also the head of the guy in the back has to be turned towards the camera. There are also some minor fixes to be made. I am getting close to the final scene!

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here is the shot from the viewport. Everything is set to the way I want it. So now it's time to hit that render button, and wait until it's finished. Very soon I will have the final render.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I also made some video, where I am shortly explaining the story behind the scene and the breakdown of the final scene.

It was an interesting to be part of the Hum3d challenge and I saw some amazing work from other artists! Wish you all the best guys and hope to see you on some other challenges! 😀 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2