"The attack of the Killer Tomatoes" - Survival car Challenge 2018

Notifications
Clear all

"The attack of the Killer Tomatoes" - Survival car Challenge 2018

Luis Lara
(@grandosicua)
Topic starter  

Hi there!

I'm sorry for not to post a WIP before, but I have had a very busy weeks and wasn't sure if I would be on time...

The scene is inspired by the "Return of the killer tomatoes" film, second part of "The attack of the killer tomatoes", a cult film which parodied the monster and dystopic films of the 60's. I wanted to make something different to the usual apocalyptic vehicles full of guns, spikes, chains and rust, so decide to make an scene when the apocalypse is still reversible and cars are a bit damaged, but in good shape. The car chosen is a custom '90-'95 Jeep Wrangler YJ, an off road car I love:

Luis Lara
(@grandosicua)
Topic starter  

Here are some images of the modeling process in 3ds Max:

The mechanical parts was very important too. I didn't have the final image in my mind, but I knew they would be visible, so they needed a bit of work:

Last part was adding some details:

ReplyQuote
Luis Lara
(@grandosicua)
Topic starter  

Textures and materials. Substance Designer used on the bodywork, rest of them directly in Max:

And some details:

ReplyQuote
Luis Lara
(@grandosicua)
Topic starter  

Characters and props:

Tara Boumday, Daz Studio + ZBrush. Simple clothes made with Marvelous Designer, hair with Max' Hair and fur tool.

ReplyQuote
Luis Lara
(@grandosicua)
Topic starter  

For the tomatoes I was looking for a creepy and mad look. The original idea was to put a lot of little tomatoes chasing the car, but finally I decided to put only two or three bigger. They were modeled in ZBrush and textured in 3D Coat:

Serhii and SerhanDereli reacted
ReplyQuote