Car render challenge 2023 - charger

Notifications
Clear all

AbderrahmanAlterkawi
(@abderrahmanalterkawi)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, just gotten around to start working on the car for the challenge, spent around 8 to 10 hours to make the bulk of the car, decided to not put any details for now until i figure out what theme i want to go for, i have a couple of ideas but i have to choose one before going to the details since they vastly differ depending on the scenario ( Urban dystopian - Post apocalytpic - matrix ish ). Topology is good for the purpose, unfortunately i will have to ruin it later on if i decide to sculpt some damage on top of it : (.

Made using blender for modeling, no shrinkwrap or any surfacing techniques and no nurbs like i usually do since the texturing and details and damage will be covering most of the car.

I was planning to at first expose the engine, but figured that might be a bit too time tasking, however i kept a mesh of the hood with a nice cutout in case i ever change my mind.

Let me know what theme might be the most interesting !

AbderrahmanAlterkawi
(@abderrahmanalterkawi)
Topic starter  

I already exported the main mesh to 3Ds max and made a relatively advanced material shader with 4 to 5 layers, it really is simple but the mixing makes it look fancy, will hopefully share the material setup. Already made a decent blockout which kind of looks like it's finished so i won't share it in order not to spoil the fun !

Almost done with the car model !

The 2nd screenshot is not the materials in 3Ds max but the lookdev in blender using a simple bsdf shader with some noise.

The 3rd screen is the main car without any smoothing, the whole thing without the tires is around 2700 edges.

ReplyQuote
AbderrahmanAlterkawi
(@abderrahmanalterkawi)
Topic starter  

Snippet of the car paint.

ReplyQuote
AbderrahmanAlterkawi
(@abderrahmanalterkawi)
Topic starter  

Almost done, had to scrap some ideas, detailed and finalized the visible parts of the car, back end is not well detailed at all.

Wanted to invest more time into this project but had certain limitations that caused me to cut the time i was willing to spend on this project by half !

ReplyQuote