Car Render Challenge 2023 - Porsche930Turbo_MOD

Notifications
Clear all

SimIv
(@simiv)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone!

I'm posting some very early stage WIPS, using some roughs blueprints of the Porsche 930 Turbo. I'm gonna modify it starting from the correct shapes of the car instead of "creating" from scratch which can potentially take me a lot of time and fixes. I'm already going to modify the spoiler and adding some pieces here and there...I think I'll go on with a "cyberpunkish" style, so much more to do!

PS. Could someone tell me if posting here is a sort of "official wip" for the challenge or I have to publish them in other sites, such as Artstation? Thanks in advance! 

SimIv
(@simiv)
Topic starter  

Hi there!

I finally made some progress. I finished the 930 original shapes without the wheels and small details since I was about to make a futurstic wide body kit.

I made a custom tire blockout and then shaped like I wanted to be, used a bend deformer in Maya to make it circular and functional. I took the opportunity to check all Porsche tires dimensions and finally I've chosen the GT2 RS ones, and, in the end I modeled even the GT2 RS rims(the rear ones) but modifying them a little and adding some aero parts to a full  wide body. I took inspiration from cyberpunk 2077 for some parts and the wide body kit is something that was on my mind for a while. I hope you'll like it! Some minor changes in the exterior but I'm almost done with the car. Env is starting soon...and more to come!

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
SimIv
(@simiv)
Topic starter  

Hi! Here is a collection of renders of the all process to achieve what I wanted. My goal was to make a little alley of Night City, with neons and a rainy and foggy feeling, where my modded Porsche could fit well. During the overhall process I thought about what I could add to enhance the moment in which the futuristic Porsche was parked idling with the lights on. So I imagined this young boy, on the other side of the road, completely astonished as soon as he saw the car. That car was very similar to the little RC Porsche he had in his hands...

Everything in here is modeled by me, no Kitbashes, no scanned models. Everything was made with Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter. I hope you'll like it! The final render will come soon! 

ReplyQuote
SimIv
(@simiv)
Topic starter  

Here are some very quick Iray renders inside Substance painter. I wanted to make a rainy effect along the "not brand new" one, using scratches and a lot of roughness custom masks and custom materials created along this journey. Unfortunately (maybe not) a lot of these details are barely visible due to the lighting that I chose (foggy, rainy and "nighty") but with lights on some things could happen...hoping for the best 🤩 

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote